FEYNLAB® PLASTIC BLACK
FEYNLAB® PLASTIC BLACK address the specific needs of severely faded exterior vehicle trim by incorporating black pigmentation into the PLASTIC formula. PLASTIC BLACK reformulates the original faded plastic in order to restore and protect it. Additionally, PLASTIC BLACK has a slightly glossier finish than PLASTIC.
Once Plastic Black is Fully Cured, it is recommended to top with OVERCOAT for extra protection and hydrophobic.
Durability & Application Surfaces
Durability – 1 yr.
Application includes 1 component layer.
APPROVED SURFACES FOR APPLICATION ONLY: – DO NOT apply to unapproved surfaces
Black textured plastics
Black plastic bumpers
Unopened – 1 year. Opened – Use within 3-4 months of opening. ALWAYS keep cap on bottle when not in use.
30ml (1oz) FEYNLAB® PLASTIC BLACK
Always wear respirator & gloves during application. Ensure application area is free of loose contamination.
– DO NOT USE ON GREY TRIM. The Pigmentation within Plastic Black will permanently stain non black coloured trim
Thoroughly clean vehicle using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH vehicle to remove all topical contamination.
Prior to application place vehicle in a well lit, temperature controlled 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), & contamination free environment.
Shake PLASTIC BLACK vigorously for 1 min before use.
- Thoroughly shake the bottle before use.
- Using the microfiber applicator, apply a small amount of PLASTIC BLACK and work into the surface. The amount of product should be enough to evenly coat the area without over saturation.
- Allow plastic to dwell and seep in for 5-10 min or apply as much as needed in a 5-10 minute window.
- After 5 min, go back to application starting point, evening out surface and removing excess product.
Multiple Coats for EXTREMELY Faded Trim: Allow application to cure for at least 12hrs (overnight) between additional coats.
Note: The amount of PLASTIC BLACK required will vary based upon the overall type of plastic and the starting condition. More oxidised faded plastics may require more product or multiple applications.
Be sure to carefully inspect all finished panels for any leftover coating residue (high spots) during the final wipe. Commonly edges, emblems, and other tight areas may contain some remaining residue. High spots are much easier to remove if caught within a 20-40 min window after the final wipe, than later when the coating has set and curing has started.
Post Application Instructions:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Cure surface in the sun right after application as long as possible.
- Avoid any incidental water exposure for 4 hours. If it occurs, gently wipe water off the surface.
- Avoid all chemicals including car washes for 7 days.
All FEYNLAB® Coatings are subject to different dwell and curing time windows due to humidity and temperature. In General, the higher the humidity level the quicker the coating will cure. If humidity level approaches 80% or higher then consider lessening the recommended dwell and wipe times for the coating.
If possible apply coating in temperature controlled environment 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), with humidity as low as possible.